Apply Now to Be Considered for Avondale’s Principal Advisory Council
The candidate declaration window for our Principal Advisory Council (PAC) is open through Friday, August 21. Complete the form to run for an elected parent/guardian position on our school’s Council. If you are a current PAC parent/guardian representative with a term ending September 30, 2021, you do not need to reapply.
Principal Advisory Councils bring parents, school employees, students and community members together to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other’s perspectives and share ideas for increasing student achievement and performance.
What is the role of the Principal Advisory Council?
- Act as a link between the school and the community
- Encourage the engagement of parents and other stakeholders within the school community
- Work to increase student achievement through transparent operations and shared best practices
- Review the Continuous School Improvement Plan and monitor progress toward goals
- Participate in the selection of the school principal
To learn more about the work of Principal Advisory Councils, click this link.