Avondale thrives on the involvement of families and community partners. Here are some helpful assets to reinforce our students’ academic and interpersonal experiences.
- Uniforms are to be worn all day every day, except for designated dress-down days or special days. Uniform assistance is available if needed. Please contact the principal or counselor for details.
- Uniform tops: polo-type shirts with collars, short-sleeved or long-sleeved, in the following colors: white, yellow, light blue, navy blue
- Uniform bottoms: pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers in khaki or navy
- School uniforms can be purchased from retail outlets including Walmart, Target, Old Navy, Amazon.com
- Popular brands include French Toast and the Children’s Place; this is not a requirement or endorsement, as there are many suitable manufacturers.
Parent & Student Handbook
The Avondale Elementary Staff and Administration are dedicated to creating the best learning environment possible. It is our goal to provide all students with the opportunity to excel academically, enabling them to become positive contributing members of our school and community. The Parent & Student Handbook contains important resources about our school, programs, and policies. We expect your child to have a great year of learning at Avondale Elementary, an IB PYP School.
Morning Drop Off:
The school opens at 7:00 AM and car riders may drop off anytime between 7 and 7:40 AM at the roundabout behind the school (entering and exiting from Stratford Road). Upon arrival, students are able to retrieve breakfast and then head to study hall. Students will be dismissed to class at 7:25 AM. Students are considered tardy at 7:45 AM.
Students are dismissed at 2:10 PM. Students may not be checked out after 1:45. Car riders must be picked up by the gym between 2:10 PM and 2:45 PM.
After School Care
AES offers an After School Extended Day Program until 6:00 PM every regular school day. Weekly tuition begins at $60 for one child; a fee of $15 per day will be applied to students that are on a “drop-in” basis.
The program is operated by AES teachers and staff members. Students have the opportunity to participate in outdoor or gym free-play, computer lab, art, mandatory homework, and more.
Click here for the Avondale Elementary Transportation Routes and Times for the 2022-2023 school year
Click here to see the breakfast and lunch menus provided by the DeKalb County School District.